Sister and I contributed to this, and now it is gona be at San Diego Comic-Con!!
Please please please repost this on your own blogs!!! Thanks!!
Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated Screening and Panel at Comic-Con
( Key Art: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5593/sdcc.png )
Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated ( http://www.notldr.com ) has proven itself to be one of the most experimental projects to hit the horror genre in recent memory. Taking the existing film, Night of the Living Dead (1968), gallery curator/ experimental animator, Mike Schneider, extended the invitation for anyone in the horror community to take scenes from this seminal work and respond to them through their art. As Schneider explains, 'We, as fans, accept the film as an absolute. Changes would be alienating and copying would be pointless. Instead, what we have done is what artists have always done.. responded to the world around us and offered others the chance to see it as we do.'
With nearly 150 artists and animators taking up the cause, thousands of pieces of art and segments of animation were created through media ranging from oil paintings to comic illustrations and digital animation to sock puppets. Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated forgoes the dubious comforts that a singular style may provide for the chance to showcase the wide spectrum of visual media. The resulting collection was then hung directly on top of the original film leaving the its audio track and story completely unmodified.
Since it first screened in September 2009, Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated has shown in venues including film festivals, theaters, colleges, cinema bars, museums, horror conventions, and even in virtual spaces like the Facebook Comic-Con and in the Phantasmagoria Theater (a virtual movie theater build within the MMORPG, Second Life). Perhaps most notably, Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated has quickly become a favorite amongst TV and web based horror hosts with many of them presenting it to their local audiences via streaming and public access shows. As the project finally nears its long awaited DVD release ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GUGB8G ), Neoflux Productions is pleased to announce Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated will be screening this year at San Diego Comic-Con ( http://www.comic-con.org/cci/ ).
Join a panel of contributing artists as they screen Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated on Thursday July 22nd at 9:30pm in Room 5AB at Comic-Con. Directly following the screening, the contributing artists will hold a panel discussion covering their varied media and involvement in NOTLD:R. They will also be taking questions and signing autographs. Confirmed panelists include : John Chesnut and Josh Barnett ( claymation and cut-out animation), Jacquelyn Bond ( watercolor paintings ), Grant Fuhst (mixed-media artwork ), Sean Williams ( hand drawn animation ), Zina Lahr ( toy modification/ experimental animation ), Brad Uyeda ( stop-motion animation ), Anthony Amos ( digital animation ), and Eric Schock ( comic book illustration ).
What Comic-Con event would be complete without swag to giveaway?
The giveaways at the screening/ panel include:
- Pre-Release Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated DVD's by Wild Eye Releasing ( http://www.wildeyereleasing.com )**
- DVD's of Monster Madhouse presents NOTLD:R ( http://www.monstermadhouse.com )
- DVD's of Friday Night - Fright Night presents NOTLD:R ( http://www.fridaynight-frightnight.com )
- DVD's of World of Weird Monster Show presents NOTLD:R ( http://wowmonstershow.com/ )
- LTD Edition NOTLD:R Teaser Poster 1 ( http://notldr.com/teaser1.png )
- LTD Edition NOTLD:R Teaser Poster 2 ( http://notldr.com/teaser2v13.png )
- LTD Edition NOTLD:R DVD Poster ( http://files.dvdnote.com/images/300dpi/MVD5015D.jpg )
- Special Edition (SDCC Exclusive Cover) Comic: 'Sick as a Dog' Mike Schneider/ Terry Callen
- Buttons, Pins, Keychains, and other NOTLD:R materials provided by contributing artists
Please note, many of these giveaways are in strict limited editions so get there early and stay alert as they will be given away throughout the event. So remember, the Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated Screening and Panel is Thursday, July 22nd at 9:30pm in Room 5AB at San Diego Comic-Con.
**Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated
Produced by Neoflux Productions
Released by Wild Eye Releasing
Release Date: 7/27/2010
Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated is a collaborative artistic mash-up of George Romero's cult classic. Nearly 150 International artists and animators chose their favorite scenes and re-envisioned them through their own artwork, with no restrictions on style, media or process - resulting in an eclectic 'art show' interpretation of the seminal 1968 film, all placed over the original's audio. With work ranging from oil paintings to comic illustrations and sock puppets to CGI and stop-motion - NOTLD:R not only pays the respect due to this most important work in horror history, but encourages viewers to experience the film in a brand new light that bursts with the humor and horror of a new generation of artists. Art is dead...yeah, it's all messed up.
DVD Special Features:
- DVD Cover Art by Mike Schneider
- DVD Label - Functioning Phenakistoscope ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenakistoscope )
Layout: Mike Schneider Animation: Calum MacAskill
- Liner Notes by Peter Gutierrez ( Rue Morgue )
- DVD Hosted by Legendary Horror Host, Count Gore De Vol ( http://www.countgore.com )
- Commentary 1: With Guests Peter Gutierrez and Stoker Award winning author, Jonathan Maberry ( http://jonathanmaberry.com/ ) ( Patient Zero; Zombie CSU; Marvel Zombies Return )
- Commentary 2: With Guest Corpse S. Chris ( http://www.horrorhostgraveyard.com )
- Documentary about the various PD releases of Night of the Living Dead entitled 'Boxart of the Dead' by Rob Hauschild
- Surreal Animated Short, 'Silo' by Anthony Amos
- Zombie Cartoon, ' Ape of the Dead' by Andres Silva
- Pacman Parody, ' Night of the Gaming Dead' by Voodoo Velvet
- Demonstrated Animation Processes by Calum MacAskill, Mike Boas, and Ryan Sigg
- Zombie Encounter Panel with horror authors including Jonathan Maberry and Dr. Kim Paffenroth ( Gospel of the Living Dead )
- Artist Slide Gallery
- Call-In Messages from 28 of the Contributing NOTLD:R Artists
- Select Uncut Scenes
- Short Horror Comics (by NOTLD:R artists)
- and more...
Contact email@example.com for interview, questions, or review copies.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the NOTLD:R DVD.
Contact email@example.com to setup a screening near you.